Advocacy is Everyone’s Business
The resources on this page will help members of CAI advocate on behalf of your communities. On this page you can find your legislators, find data and facts on community associations, and find links to relevant statutes.
Pennsylvania Joint State Government Commission Study
The Pennsylvania Joint State Government Commission released its report on Common Interest Ownership Communities in late December 2011, and while the commission’s report falls short in certain goals outlined in the legislature’s resolution, the report is full of useful information and recommendations for community associations and policymakers in Pennsylvania. The PA General Assembly adopted a resolution directing the Joint State Government Commission to update its report in 2022. The updated report will be posted when it is available.
Quick Legislative Links
- Click here for Pennsylvania Community Associations Fact Sheet
- Click here for Information on the PA General Assembly
- Click here to Find your PA State Senator
- Click here to Find your PA State Representative
- Click here for New Jersey Community Associations Fact Sheet
- Click here for Information on the NJ General Assembly
- Click here to Find your NJ State Legislators
- Click here for Delaware Community Associations Fact Sheet
- Click here for Information on the DE General Assembly
- Click here to Find your DE State Legislators
The following links will bring you to the state statutes in Pennsylvania that govern community associations.
Condominiums: Title 68, Subpart B, Chapters 31-34 (scroll to Subpart B)
Cooperatives: Title 68, Subpart C, Chapters 41-44 (scroll to Subpart C)
Planned Communities: Title 68, Subpart D, Chapters 51-54 (scroll to Subpart D)
CAI Advocacy Center
If you want to know the latest information about federal and state legislation or respond to a Call to Action by contacting your legislator on issues of importance to CAI, click here to visit the Advocacy Center on the national website – the hub of CAI’s advocacy efforts.
Click here to read CAI’s Advocacy Blog for information on national government affairs.
Government Affairs News
Previous Next The 1st Annual PA LAC Ladies on the Links Golf Invitation, held on Tuesday, June 28, 2022 at Skippack Golf Club, was a …
An Amendment to Senate Bill 597, known as the Water Quality Accountability Act, exempting water and wastewater systems owned by planned communities from the legislation …